Monday, April 30, 2007

Review: Hunting and Gathering by Anna Gavalda

Today in January Magazine’s fiction section, Diane Leach reviews the first English translation of Anna Gavalda’s Hunting and Gathering. Says Leach:
Perhaps I am too much of a cynic; perhaps my tastes are too dark. But Gavalda is a fine writer whose earlier work plumbed the depths of quiet desperation (not necessarily just the English way). But not here. Hunting ends in grand style, leaving writers like Frances Mayes and Diane Johnson in plumes of garbure-scented dust. Love, an inheritance, passionate sex, babies, a chic gastropub, a house in the country: check each box, for all apply.
The full review is here.

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Joelbr / The 1957 drums that I acquired from you
earlier 7 days they match and do the job fantastic, I hope you will however be about so may possibly get more pieces for my mercurybr /Thanksbr /Dick kind Mas

My blog post ... good psychic; ,

Tuesday, March 11, 2014 at 7:32:00 PM PDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home

.