Monday, July 30, 2007

Have Book, Will Party

There have been times when I thought that what the book world really needed was a single Web page listing all available book fairs, festivals and other types of literary parties. There were even moments of insanity when I contemplated compiling such a list myself. I’m glad I wimped out at the last minute because, along with a bunch of other things, the Library of Congress’ Center for the Book has done it up right.

While not every literary shindig is listed here -- the big crime fiction and SF/F conferences are notably absent, for instance -- the list does seem to include all the big general events and book fairs. It’s the best list of this nature I’ve seen, at any rate. And if you see a better one, let me know so we can tell everyone.

The big list is here.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

.