Thursday, October 04, 2007

Excerpt: Things I Overheard While Talking to Myself by Alan Alda

Today on January Magazine, an excerpt of Alan Alda’s Things I Overheard While Talking to Myself, a follow-up to his 2005 memoir, Never Have Your Dog Stuffed: And Other Things I’ve Learned.

This time out, Alda ponders the imponderables of life with the startling intelligence and careful thought of the accomplished philosopher and the humor, style and charm of the entertainer we know and love. At one point, Alda muses on the fleeting nature of time:
So, there I was, setting the timer on the microwave every morning, and three minutes of my life would go by while molecules of moisture jumped around inside the oatmeal. Then, one morning, when the bell dinged and I opened the door to the oven, I was hit with a new wave of my unfortunate disease of self-improvement. It came in the form of a question: Where did those three minutes just go?
The excerpt of Alda’s book is here.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

.