Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Excerpt: The Michael Jackson Tapes by Rabbi Shmuley Boteach

In 2000–2001, Michael Jackson sat down with his close friend and spiritual guide, Rabbi Shmuley Boteach, to record what turned out to be the most intimate and revealing conversations of his life. It was Michael’s wish to bare his soul and unburden himself to a public that he knew was deeply suspicious of him. The resulting thirty hours are the basis of The Michael Jackson Tapes, recently published by Vanguard Press. From the book:
“I am scared of my father to this day. My father walked in the room -- and God knows I am telling the truth -- I have fainted in his presence many times. I have fainted once to be honest. I have thrown up in his presence because when he comes in the room and this aura comes and my stomach starts hurting and I know I am in trouble. He is so different now. Time and age has changed him and he sees his grandchildren and he wants to be a better father. It is almost like the ship has sailed its course and it is so hard for me to accept this other guy that is not the guy I was raised with. I just wished he had learned that earlier.”
The full excerpt is here.

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

Blogger kheper said...

Poor Michael, his father hured him and it seems that he had been wounded during all his life.
I love uou Mike.

Tuesday, October 13, 2009 at 7:40:00 AM PDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hasn't Michael been expoited enough? Please don't promote this book. He and MJ were working on a book "about what parents and adults can learn from children and how men and women may recapture lost, yet virtuous, childlike qualities." Not a Tell-All Confessional of a "Tragic Icon" as Boteach portrays him. MJ would not have wanted his private counseling sessions aired for the public. This is a violation of confidence and Boteach has not produced one shread of evidence he even had a contract with MJ stating how the material would be used. And those conducting interview have not demanded it.

Boteach is using MJ as his Poster Boy for all the evils of society- particularly celebrities (who he despises), therefore, he must take comments out of context and mischaracterize to prove MJ was a TRAGIC ICON due to his celebrity.

The book was never published back then, not because of bad publicity, as Boteach would have the public believe. MJs life was going well when the tapings ended in Apr 2001. Why wasn't it published? Because Boteach had bankrupted the charity before it was even publicly launched. MJ distanced himself from Boteach when he discovered he'd been deceivied.

There are many other discrepencies in what Boteach is saying, but I'll leave it there. This should be sufficient to show what kind of morally bankrupt person Boteach is.

Tuesday, October 13, 2009 at 8:18:00 AM PDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Boteach seems to be leading Michael and the whole thing feels exploitive. I loved seeing this excerpt. I was considering buying this book. Now I don't have to.

Tuesday, October 13, 2009 at 1:02:00 PM PDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home

.