Saturday, September 18, 2010

The Pain of Being a Writer

Though these days, hardly anyone gets papercuts, there are still occupational hazards in the writer’s life. Author and journalist Ben Myers explores the most common one on the Guardian book blog:
It pains me to write this -- literally. My neck is crooked, one of my wrists feels like it has been trapped in a car door and there's a rapidly calcifying knot of nastiness lurking around my right shoulder blade that caused a masseuse to laugh with sadistic delight, and which goes by the name of The Nub. This is the price one pays for hammering a keyboard like Jerry Lee Lewis all day, every day for 15 years.
Myers explores cures and repercussions here.

1 Comments:

Blogger Robert Wilson said...

Yea, I'm starting to feel like this...

Saturday, September 18, 2010 at 4:25:00 AM PDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home

.